In our opinion, brewing with the French Press is the ideal way to go. And by using the Drink Perfector with the French Press, you get the perfect, safe temperature in no time, every time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PERFECT CUP OF COFFEE
1. Use Spring water or distilled water. Filtered water is also ideal.
2. Grind your coffee beans until they have the consistency of course salt.
3. Add a heaping tablespoon of coffee to your French Press per 8 oz of water. About one tablespoon per cup of coffee.
4. Heat your water with an electric kettle.
5. Pour in just enough water to saturate the grounds. Give the French Press a quick swirl, and then wait 30 seconds. This will maximize the bloom of the coffee notes that the roasters have worked so hard in creating.
6. Then pour the remaining water into the pot, and gently stir.
7. Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot, stopping just above the water and ground coffee (do not plunge yet), and let stand for 4 minutes .
8. Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure.
9. Then pour through the Drink Perfector to bring to the flavorful and safe drinking temperature of 140°. See the video below for more details on using the Drink Perfector.